I keep hearing from people who are tired of living in North America/EU and are ready to make a move…or at least a vacation home investment. Although not perfect for everyone, Costa Rica meets a lot of positive criteria.
A country with an overall lower cost of living so the dollar will go further, a place with incredible weather choices from tropical warmth to eternal spring. Also, Costa Rica is a peaceful democratic nation embracing diversity and freedoms.
But that is not all. Costa Rica offers jaw-dropping beauty at every twist and turn. From gorgeous beaches on the Pacific and Caribbean coasts to volcanoes, from vast mountain ranges to stunning waterfalls. Because of the nutrient-rich soil, you will find some of the best coffee beans on the planet, as well as endless tropical fruits and vegetables – ensuring healthier eating habits.
With its close proximity to North America (2.5 hours to Miami, 3.5 hours to Houston flying time) it is easy if you travel frequently. Bonus: you can drink the water safely out of the tap – one of the few countries in Latin America.
My REALTOR® husband and I are selling one of our investment condos in the popular vacation town of Tamarindo – just a little over an hour from Liberia Daniel Oduber International Airport. Should you know of anyone who might be interested in moving to or investing in this international idyllic lifestyle, feel free to pass it on. We will pay 3% buyer’s realtor agent fees. The condo is empty, clean, and easy to show. Competitively priced for the area and amenities – if you want a luxury ocean-view condo walkable to everything, inventory is quite limited.
Photo essay and town video below…
• Approx. 1400 sq.ft., (130 sq. m.): Including outdoor living space:
- Open design living/kitchen/dining:
- Euro kitchen with granite countertops and stainless-steel appliances:
• All appliances and light fixtures convey: Refrigerator, oven, electric cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
• 2 bedrooms: Large bedrooms can accommodate king-sized beds or 2 twins easily:
- 2.5 Bathrooms: 2 en-suite bathrooms – one for each bedroom – with granite countertops, barrel ceilings, designer dead sea coral tiles around the mirrors, and large 5’x5′ showers. One half-bath for guests:
• Walk-in closets: But your wardrobe requirements will shrink!
• Full-size stack washer-dryer in a separate laundry room with mop sink:
• Artistic details and lighting throughout:
• High-end finishes and tilework:
• Central air conditioning
• Decorative bamboo ceilings and 5 ceiling fans: Helping move the ocean breezes and keeping cooling costs down:
• Pacific Ocean views: From nearly every window!
• Secure underground garage: It is rare outside of the capital of San Jose to find underground parking. If you travel for extended periods it is a relief to know your car is parked in a secure place, plus it stays out of the corrosive elements like the sun and salty sea air:
• Storage bodega (50 sq. ft.): This is also a rare find for condos/apartments around the world. Extra storage for those suitcases, tools, sporting goods, and seasonal items:
• Security and property manager on-site: Many complexes do not offer this extra level of security and customer care.
• 1/2 block to the beach: The walk from our door to toes in the sand happens in less than 60 seconds:
• Walkable to restaurants, markets, grocery stores, clinics, pharmacies, the beach: This condo is located “downtown” making the entire town easily walkable in 15 minutes or less. In fact, if you are interested in seeing the amenities and the positive energy of the charming town of Tamarindo, here is a brief video showcasing everything within a short walk of this property.
• 2 Terraces with ocean views:
- 2 Elevators on property: No need to lug heavy loads up 5 flights of stairs:
• No shared walls (16 units total): Added tranquility to the property, making it feel like a home, not a condo.
• Community pool with fountains, sundeck, and ample chairs:
• Palapa rancho set over a soothing Balinese style water feature: This is one of my favorite unique features – I often go there to write.
• Water tank for droughts: This area of the Guanacaste province is the driest in the country. Although we are in the tropics, it is not stiflingly humid. Occasionally the area is subject to droughts. The water tank storage ensures a consistent flow of water throughout the day.
• Automatic back-up generator: The electrical grid here is not up to North American or European standards and there are occasional power outages (although not nearly like even 5 years ago). This building’s automatic generator keeps all the common areas lit, plus the elevator, garage door, and common area WiFi continue to function:
• Long-term residents and owners: You won’t have a revolving door of vacationers (like many complexes here) who don’t care about noise and preserving the integrity of the property. Almost all condos in this building are either owner-occupied or long-term renters. It is a quiet and friendly community.
• Recycling: Because Costa Rica cares about the environment:
Costa Rica is poised for a Renaissance in a post-pandemic world. Why not be a part of it?
Drone video compliments of Courtney Gaw Borquet, ReMax listing agent.
• HOA monthly fees: US$415
• Annual 2021 property taxes: Approximately US$710
Offered at: US$398,000 (Costa Rica corporation included for asset protection)
Contact for more information:
Steve Spada, Owner/Realtor
Costa Rica Global Assoc. of Realtors, Austin Board of Realtors/Texas Assoc. of Realtors/NAR
Costa Rica: +506-8353-6544
8 thoughts on “Luxury Ocean-View Condo for Sale in Tamarindo, Costa Rica”
I tetested in a long term lease or lease to buy. My housing budget is $1200 monthly excluding utilities
Thanks Mickey. We are looking to sell. Freeing up some cash for another investment. Best of luck finding a place to rent. It is a tough market in Tama right now, from what I hear.
Your condo is beautiful. I envy the person who purchase.
Nice! The kind of condo I will be looking for.
I am only in the early stages of looking at Costa Rica as a vacation home or ?
So lots of things yet to consider, including local and traveling Covid restrictions.
Thanks for visiting, my site, Reiner. I hope you will find Costa Rica to be a good fit for you! Pura vida!
Jon and I were just talking about taking another vacay in CR. Thank you for posting your condo! I would love to see it if we get there next month. I will let you know.. Polly
Thanks for your comment, Polly. If the condo is still available, we would be happy to show it to you. Our listing agent is Courtney Borquet with ReMax here in Tamarindo and her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org